Achievement Week

You should have received a letter from Cheri Astolfi explaining the changes in Achievement Week for this year.  I don’t think it will be much of a change for my students, because I have always required participation in Achievement Week.  Here are the most important points:

All Achievement Week juries are at the Wilmington Branch.  There are NO private lessons that week.  You will receive the opportunity to perform and written comments from the panel instead of your private lesson that week.  I will not be scheduling any make-up lessons for students who do not participate in Achievement Week.

Your jury will be scheduled as close as possible to your regular lesson time.  It will last approximately 10 minutes.  Please arrive at least 15 minutes early in case we are running ahead.

If you are participating in Suzuki Graduation, your Achievement Week jury will be your Graduation audition.  You won’t need to play anything besides your graduation pieces except possibly a scale and sight reading.  I will discuss this with you individually at your lessons.

You will be playing for a panel of string teachers, including myself.

All music is to be memorized, including scales.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.