Congratulations, CMS Students!

I watched the video of last night’s recital, and was very pleased with how we sounded! Everybody was doing a good job of watching, our articulations were good, intonation was better, and I heard some dynamics. You have all made such great improvement this year!

I now have the software to burn DVDs on my computer, so if you would like a copy of this recital along with the previous recitals, I’ll burn you a copy for $10.  Please comment on this post so I have a list of who wants them.  You can pay me when I give you the DVD.  It may take a while for me to do them if I have to burn several copies.

A couple of thoughts:

Cellos: we all need to buy endpin anchors. Check the links page for places to order these. I prefer the kind with straps, but if you are sitting on a stool that doesn’t have a good leg to anchor the strap, there are two types that work pretty well: “Stoppin” and “SlipStop”

Parents: I know that these 6:30 recitals are hard to get to promptly, but I get very nervous when it is later than 6:15 and I haven’t seen some of the students yet. Please plan ahead so that we have some time to get everybody’s instruments tuned and possibly run a few things with piano before the recital. Thanks!!

One thought on “Congratulations, CMS Students!